What you need:
- 2 pieces Mackerel fillets
- 4 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Oil (Rice bran)
- Sesame seeds to garnish
How to put this together:
- Score fish fillets, skin side, to help the cooking process
- In a bowl, mix together soy sauce + mirin + sugar + grated ginger
- Using a flat-based pan, heat oil on medium heat. Add sauce mixture. Mix well.
- Add fish fillets, skin side down. Spoon the sauce from the pan over the fish.
- Keep cooking until the skin look done, 5-7 mins. Occasionally spoon more sauce over the fish.
- Flip over the fish and cook the other side. Add some water if the sauce caramelises too fast and the sauce is too thick
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Serve with steamed rice.