Promise me, if you go to Pitt Cue Co you will go for a 30 minute run. Promise!
Pitt Cue Co specialises in American styled smoked & barbecued meat. Everything seems to be served with dripping, and everything is delicious. Very unhealthy, but very very very very very satisfying.
It’s a very small establishment, with a few seats upstairs, and maybe 15-20 more space downstairs. They’re normally very busy – but we got there on a Sunday just as they opened so we got a table immediately. There was a queue by the time we left. No, they don’t take reservations.
- The waitress ran through the menu & specials with us. Everything sounds so yum I almost drooled while listening.
- Grilled sourdough bread & dripping. If you’re a health freak you probably had a heart attack just looking at this picture. RIP. The salty dripping is heavily drizzled on top of the freshly baked sourdough. Bread is amazingly light & fluffy, tastes fantastic with the dripping. Pure evil. Pure goodness.
- Their signature pulled pork (tender strips of pork – must’ve been cooked for ages & ages) with a piece of toasted sourdough and a side of bone marrow mash (creamy potato mash topped with bone marrow butter, and drizzled with, you guessed it, delicious dripping). Ah-mazing.
- Smoked lamb neck (from the specials board) – smoked lamb neck, finished in the grill, serves on top of dripping. Below the crispy skin is a layer of fat, before you get to the tender morsels of meat. Juicy meat. Massive portion. We struggled to finish this, but we got there in the end. Served with a dollop of mild mustard and a side of green chilli slaw.
- Close-up photos of the pulled pork and lamb neck
Menu, location, etc: http://www.pittcue.co.uk/