Another one of my hubby’s favourite dishes
What you need:
- 1kg chicken thigh with bone
- Lobo spicy chicken-in-rice seasoning mix (1 packet with 2 smaller packets inside)
- 1/4 tsp Oil
- 2 cups Jasmine rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- Fried shallots
- Cucumber, sliced
For the sauce
- 1/2 cups Spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 cups Coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Green chilli
- 2 Tbsp ginger
- 2 Tbsp water
How to put this together:
- Rub chicken thighs with 1 packet of lobo powder. Marinade for 15 mins or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C
- Line a baking tray with foil (to reduce cleaning), then line with baking paper. Brush with oil. Place chicken thighs skin-side down
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Scoop out the fat rendered from chicken skin. Keep this for when we make rice.
- Flip over the chicken so skin-side is up. Put back in the oven for 15 mins.
- Change the oven to grill, and keep for another 5 mins (to crisp the skin). Leave to rest.
- Wash rice a few times. Drain.
- Add 6 Tbsp of chicken fat rendered from baking + 1 packet of lobo powder + water. Stir well.
- Cook in rice cooker.
- Blend together al the ingredients (I use Magic Bullet)
Serve chicken & rice with sauce & sliced cucumber on the side. Sprinkle fried shallots over the rice for added flavour & texture.