Another Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant. British cuisine in a semi fine dining setting, with reasonable price set menu.
The place is cosy and quite romantic with table candles in a dimly lit room. Our waitress was pretty, friendly, and happy to assist with dietary requirements & questions.
We opted for the £24 set menu: 3 courses + prosecco
- Pressed lamb shoulder (tender lamb with crunchy hazelnut crumbs) served with greens & orange salad, and mint hollandaise
- Crispy hen’s egg (pillowy egg white with smooth & creamy yolk – crispy on the outside) on a bed of salad with wild mushrooms and aromatic truffle pesto
- Poached hake with spaghetti and shellfish butter. Nicely cooked pasta in buttery sauce and a beautiful piece of fish
- Stuffed pork loin (incredibly tender, with sausage meat stuffing) with purple broccoli and a side of sage polenta
- Cold rice pudding with cardamom and passion fruit sauce. Not the greatest dessert I’ve had.
- Chocolate and Seville orange tart (rich, smooth, beautiful), served with biscuit ice cream (interesting)
Menu, location, etc: http://www.gordonramsay.com/yorkandalbany/