This is our household favourite pasta dish (along with the puttanesca).
So easy to make. The hardest thing is to source the clams!
What you need:
- 1 kg Clams (we use frozen clams which were already cooked)
- 350-400g Dried pasta (we use either spaghetti or linguine)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, pounded
- 1-2 tsp Chilli flakes (depending on your heat preference)
- 200 ml White wine (we use Chardonnay, or whatever is on sale in the supermarket)
- 2 Tbsp Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
How to put this together:
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add a handful of salt. Boil pasta to al dente according to instructions
- 5 mins before your pasta is ready, heat oil in a pan and add garlic + chilli flakes, fry until fragrant.
- Add clams + white wine. Mix well and cook for about 5 mins. Put the lid on if it splatters too much.
- Season with salt.
- When the pasta is done, use cooking tongs to scoop out the pasta into the clam pan. Mix well. If the pasta is becoming too dry, add some of pasta water to the mixture.
- Add chopped parsley. Mix well. Serve.