These make a perfect partner in Pav Bhaji
Original recipe: http://cookingshooking.com/pav-buns-recipe-eb/
What you need
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 g instant yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk powder
- 190 ml milk
- 20 g butter, room temp
How to put this together
- Put plain flour in mixing bowl. Add salt to one side of the bowl. Add yeast to the other side of the bowl.
- Add sugar + milk powder. Give the mixture a quick stir.
- Using the dough hook, start mixing on low speed
- Slowly add milk. Continue mixing until it forms a rough dough
- Add butter. Mix on medium speed for 15 mins. The dough should be quite wet & sticky.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Cover with tea towel, and leave for 1 hour, or until double in size.
- Grease an 8 inch square cake tin with oil
- On a lightly floured work surface, tip out the dough (use a dough scraper to help).
- Flour your hands, and knead for a minute or so
- Cut it up into 16 equal portions
- Roll each portion into a round ball. Place them in the greased cake tin (4 x 4)
- Cover with tea towel, and leave for 1 hour, or until double in size.
- Heat oven to 200 C
- Bake for 13 – 15 mins, or until the top is nicely browned
- As soon as the baking is done, with the bread still in the tin, brush the top of the buns with oil
- Leave in the tin for 10 mins, then turn out to cool