These tiny treats are kind of a cross between pastry and cookie – they’re so cute and so morish!
Makes: 48 cookies
What you need
- 300g plain flour
- 250g butter, at room temperature
- 250g cream cheese (full fat)
- 4 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp nutella
- 1 egg yolk
How to put this together
- Put butter + cream cheese in mixing bowl. Using paddle beater, mix on low speed until they’re just mixed
- Add flour + caster sugar + salt. Mix on low speed until the dough forms. Do NOT over mix!
- Divide the dough into 3 portions. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap, and flatten to a round flat disc. Put in the fridge, and leave them overnight.
- Take dough out from the fridge, and leave for 30 mins.
- Roll each dough between two sheets of parchment paper into a large circle, with diameter of 10-12 inches.
- Freeze each rolled-out dough sheet for 15 mins
- Preheat oven 175 C
- Take a sheet out from the freezer, gently peel off parchment paper from one side, put the paper back on. Turn the dough over, and gently peel off the other side.
- Spread 2 Tbsp nutella on the dough, leaving about 1 cm space from the edge
- Using a long sharp knife, cut them into 16 wedges (cut into quarters, then 4 wedges in each quarter)
- Starting from the end of the wedge, gently roll up towards the pointy end. Place this onto baking sheet.
- Beat egg yolk with 1 Tbsp water to make egg wash.
- Brush each pastry with egg wash
- Bake for 22-25 mins
- Leave on the tray for a few mins, then transfer to cool on a wire rack.