Cute romantic Italian restaurant on Chiswick High Road – the ambience is definitely one for special occasions. The food tastes fabulous, and the service was great almost through and through. We had a slight disappointment towards the end of the meal, which sadly shifted our mood from “oh wow, we may have just found ourselves a new regular” to… “well, that’s a shame, I really liked that pasta, but we probably won’t come back”
Anyhoo – check out how cute the restaurant setting is!
Yup – that’s a tree in the middle of the dining room. Cool right?
…Now for the food
- Pappardelle Pasta with Tuscan Wild Boar – perfectly cooked pasta, amaaaaaazing flavour. I can eat many plates of these.
- Mussels Marinara with Homemade Garlic Bread – again, home run with the flavour. So so good.
- Fettucine with fresh truffle – the pasta is cooked to perfection, soaked in the most flavoursome buttery sauce. Topped with a mountain of fresh truffle slices. Not cheap. YUM YUM YUM.
- Chargrilled Octopus with Artichokes and Baby Spinach with a Red Pepper Sauce – the squid tentacles are super tender, and goes perfectly with the sauce. YUM.
- Chestnut Pannacotta with Persimmon – smooth chestnut puree texture, with subtle delicate flavour of persimmon
- Chocolate and Chili Tart with Blood Orange Sorbet – the chilli chocolate is surprisingly quite spicy. All the components on the plate go really well together.
Menu, location, etc: http://www.villadigeggiano.co.uk/