Serves: 2 as dipping sauce for vegetables/fish of your choice
What you need:
- 2 Tbsp Thai shrimp paste (กะปิ)
- 2 Tbsp Palm sugar
- 1 Tbsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Chillis (adjust to your heat preference)
- 2 Tbsp Lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Water
How to put this together:
- Using pestle & mortar, pound together garlic + chillis
- Add shrimp paste + palm sugar. Pound together until well mixed
- Add lime juice. Mix well.
- Taste & season. It should be quite concentrated at this point.
- Transfer to a bowl
- Add water to the mortar, and wash off any remaining dipping sauce from pestle & the sides of mortar
- Pour the water into dipping sauce. Mix well.
- Taste & season again
- Serve with fresh vegetables, steamed vegetables, fried mackerels, or omelettes. And of course, with steamed jasmine rice.