What you need
- 140 g Sour curry paste (see recipe here)
- 2 cups Mixed vegetables, cut into chunky pieces
- 1 portion Omelette (made from 2 eggs) – see Ka-jorn flowers omelette recipe here
- 4 Tbsp Tamarind concentrate
- 3 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves, rip off the leafy bits and discard the stalk
Alternatively, you can substitute the omelette with another cup of vegetables, or fish fillet pieces, or prawns
Note: the following vegetables work well : bok choy, cauliflower, morning glory
How to put this together
- Make the omelette. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- In a pot, bring to boil sour curry paste + water. Leave to boil for 2 mins.
- Turn the heat to low
- Add tamarind concentrate + fish sauce + sugar.
- Taste & season.
- Add vegetables. Cook until vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Note: if adding fish/prawns, then bring it back to boil before adding fish/prawns. Don’t overcook them.
- Add kaffir lime leaves.
- To serve, place omelette pieces into serving bowl. Top with curry. Give it a quick stir. Serve immediately.