My mum used to make this all the time for breakfast. It’s one of our favourite breakfast items!
What you need
- 300 g Pork belly
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 Celery sticks, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp Garlic, pounded
- 1 tsp Chillies, pounded
- 1 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Chinese preserved cabbage (ตั้งฉ่าย)
How to put this together
- In a pot, add enough water to cover pork belly. Add salt. Bring to boil.
- When the water is boiling, turn down the heat to low-medium. Simmer for 10 mins
- Make the dressing sauce by mixing together pounded garlic + chillies + fish sauce + lime juice + sugar. Taste & season
- In a bowl, add sliced celery pieces
- Take the pork out from hot water, slice them thinly. Add them to the bowl.
- Mix together pork & celery. Add preserved cabbage. Mix well
- Add dressing sauce. Mix well.
- Taste & season
- Serve with plain congee or steamed rice.