What you need
- 250 g Pork, cut into thin slices
- 400 g Fresh flat rice noodles
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2-3 cups Vegetables, sliced into bite-size pieces (choose firm vegetables : carrots, broccoli stems, cabbage work well. Traditionally, “gai lan” Chinese broccoli is used)
- 2 Tbsp Thick sweet soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Thai seasoning sauce (I use golden mountain brand)
- Pickled chillies (cut red chilli and soak in vinegar)
- Chilli powder
How to put this together
- Heat 1 tsp oil, add sliced vegetables. Fry for 1 min. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat 1 tsp oil, add eggs. Briefly stir to mix egg whites & yolks. We don’t want a uniform omelette colour, we want bits of whites and bits of yolks. Cook for 10-15 seconds, take out while it’s still very runny. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil, add garlic, fry until fragrant.
- Add pork pieces. Stir-fry until pork pieces are cooked.
- Add rice noodles + sweet soy sauce. Mix well to stain the noodles colour
- Season with oyster sauce + soy sauce + seasoning sauce
- Add vegetables. Taste & season.
- Add eggs. Mix briefly.
- Serve immediately
- Each serving can be individually seasoned with pickled chillies + chilli powder, based on their taste preference