Roasted eggplants has lovely smokey flavour to it. Delicious.
What you need
- 2 servings portion Basic Indian Curry Sauce (i.e. half the recipe from here)
- 1 large Eggplant
- 1/2 cup Frozen peas
- Salt to taste
How to put this together
- Heat oven to 230 C
- Line baking tray with foil. Brush eggplant (whole) with oil. Roast for 30 mins.
- Soak frozen peas in boiling water
- In a pot, heat Basic Indian Curry Sauce with 1/4 cup water. Bring to boil, then turn the heat down to simmer.
- Cut open the roasted eggplant. Scoop out the soft flesh and add to the pot. Mix gently.
- Drain the peas and add to the pot. Mix gently.
- Taste & season with salt.
- Simmer for 10 mins. Adding water to achieve the consistency you like. I like mine quite dry.
- Serve immediately with chapatis