What you need:
- 200 g Spaghetti
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 large Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1-2 Dried chillies, cut into small pieces
- 200 ml Canned tomatoes, blended until smooth
- 2 Tbsp Tomato puree
- 20 Black olives, pitted for easy eating, but we prefer to buy ones with pits and leave them in.
- 1 Tbsp Capers
How to put this together:
- Heat oil in a pan on low heat, add garlic. Fry gently until fragrant. Make sure it doesn’t brown.
- Add dried chillies. Fry gently until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes + tomato puree + olives + capers. Simmer gently for 10 mins. The sauce should have a thick jammy consistency.
- Season with salt + sugar. Taste. Do NOT make it too salty as the pasta will be cooked in salted water.
- Turn off the heat (unless you started cooking pasta while the sauce was simmering)
- Bring a large pan of water to boil with plenty of salt. Add pasta. Cook according to packet instructions, until al dente.
- Bring the sauce back up to simmer, add pasta to the sauce with some pasta water. Mix well.
- Serve immediately.