Makes: 1 cup curry paste
What you need
- 2 stalks Lemongrass, using only the bottom part (white bits), cut into small pieces
- 3 slices Galangal, cut into small pieces
- 1 head Garlic, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 6 Shallots, cut into small pieces
- 10 Large dried chillies
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 Tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp Coriander powder
- 3 Cardamom
- 6 Cloves
- 1 tsp Whole black peppercorn
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Shrimp paste
- 1 Tbsp Coriander roots
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp Mace
How to put this together
- In a small pot, heat oil on medium heat.
- Deep fry lemongrass + galangal + garlic until fragrant. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same oil, deep fry shallots until light brown. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same oil, deep fry dried chillies until deep red. Transfer to a plate.
- Leave the oil to cool a bit before next step.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients. Blend to a fine paste.