Serves: 2 as a side dish
What you need
- 75g Dried chickpeas, soaked overnight with a pinch of baking soda (or 400g tines cooked chickpeas, rinsed)
- 1 bulb Fennel, trim off the top, bulb thinly sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- A squeeze lemon juice
- 2 tsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Cherry tomatoes, halved (or Sicilian marinda tomatoes, or Black Iberico tomatoes, quartered)
- Small bunch Flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Salt & Pepper
How to put this together
- If using dried chickpeas, drain & rinse under cold water. Add to a pot with water, bring to boil, then simmer for 1 hour, or under soft & tender. Drain, season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Mix together garlic + lemon juice + red wine vinegar + olive oil. Taste & season with salt & pepper.
- Add chickpeas + fennel + tomatoes + parsley. Toss well. Taste & season.
- Serve warm