Inspired by a dish we had at a restaurant on our recent trip to Puglia
What you need
- 200g Dried pasta
- 6-8 Prawns, peeled & de-veined
- 90g Pistachio kernels (NOT roasted)
- 10g Pistachio kernels – finely chopped (for garnish)
- 50ml Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 10-12 Cherry tomatoes
- 200g Canned lobster bisque soup
- 25ml Vermouth or Brandy
- A handful of basil, roughly chopped
- Salt & Pepper
How to put this together
- Make the pesto by blending together 90g pistachio kernels + a pinch of slat + olive oil. Leave aside until needed.
- Heat 1T oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Add prawns. Fry until half done. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat 1T oil in the same pan, add garlic + cherry tomatoes. Fry until fragrant. Take care not to burn the garlic.
- Add lobster bisque soup. Bring to boil.
- Add pesto. Mix well.
- Add Brandy. Reduce to a simmer. Taste & season with salt and pepper
- Bring a large pan of water to boil with plenty of salt. Add pasta. Cook according to packet instructions, until al dente.
- Add pasta to the sauce with some pasta water. Mix well.
- Take off heat. Add chopped basil. Stir through.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with finely chopped pistachio