Recipe adapted from Simple Indian cookbook by Atul Kochhar
What you need:
- 300g Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 100g Carrots, diced
- 100g Frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Black mustard seeds
- A pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 2 Green chillies, slit
- 1/4 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
How to put this together:
- Blanch carrots with boiling water for 3 mins, drain.
- Blanch frozen peas with boiling water for 3 mins, drain.
- Heat oil on low heat, add mustard seeds + hing
- When the mustard seeds start to splutter, add green chillies + cauliflower florets + 1/2 tsp salt
- Cover and cook on low heat until the stems are soft, about 10 mins. Give them a toss every few mins.
- Add carrots + peas + cumin powder + coriander powder + turmeric powder + chilli powder. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 5-10 mins more. Add a splash of water if it’s too dry.
- Taste & season with salt.
- Serve immediately