Recipe adapted from https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/246868/pecan-sour-cream-coffee-cake/
Makes: 8×4 loaf
For the crumb:
- 1 cup Pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp Caster sugar
- 3 Tbsp Brown sugar (I use demerara)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- A pinch of salt
For the cake:
- 120 g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 150 ml Sour cream
- 150 g Plain flour
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
How to put this together
- Mix together crumb ingredients until everything is well coated.
- Line an 8×4 loaf tin with baking paper
- Preheat oven 175 C
- Sift together flour + salt + baking powder + baking soda
- Beat egg + sugar on high speed for 5 mins.
- Add oil + vanilla + sour cream. Beat on medium speed for 2 mins.
- Add sifted flour mixture. Beat on low until just mixed. Do NOT over beat this.
- Pour half the cake batter in the lined loaf tin.
- Scatter half the crumb mixture evenly over the batter.
- Add the remaining half of cake batter. Gently spread to evenly cover the crumb.
- Scatter the remaining half of crumb mixture. Very gently press crumbs into the mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 mins (or until a clean skewer inserted come out clean)
- Leave to cool.