Pad Mee Korat
This is the lesser known version of Pad Thai. It’s from a town called “Korat” in Thailand, and while it’s not as well known as Pad Thai, I can assure you it’s full of flavour and as moreish as your good old Pad Thai.
It’s also quite a lot simpler to make, with less ingredients required, and no need to make the sauce beforehand.
- 150 g Rice Noodles soaked in water for 30 mins
- 100 g Tofu Puffs cut to bite-size pieces
- 75 g Chinese Chives cut to 1.5 inch pieces
- 100 g Beansprouts
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp Tamarind Concentrate a.k.a. Tamarind Paste
- 2 Tbsp Soybean Paste a.k.a. Fermented Soybean Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Thai Seasoning Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Dark Soy Sauce or Kecap Manis
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4 cup Water