#StirFu Tofu Black Beans Sauce
Calling all tofu lovers (again). In this recipe, we're using Fermented Black Beans (douchi) as the main flavouring. It's mainly salty, but also has a delicious nuttiness.
- 150 g Tofu Puffs cut to bite size pieces
- 150 g Peppers cut to bite size pieces
- 100 g Button Mushrooms cut to bite size pieces
- 3 Small Dried Chillies (hot) cut to small pieces
- 2 Tbsp Fermented Black Beans washed, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Garlic minced
- 2 Spring Onions cut to 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Cornflour mixed with 2 Tbsp Water
Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan over high heat. When the oil is hot, add peppers. Stir-fry until the skin is slightly charred and it’s half way cooked. Transfer to a plate.
In the same pan, heat 1 tsp oil over high heat. When the oil is hot, add mushrooms. Stir-fry until half way cooked. Transfer to a plate.
Still using the same pan, heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium heat. Add garlic + dried chillies + fermented black beans. Fry until fragrant.
Add tofu puffs. Stir-fry briefly. Then add ½ cup water + light soy sauce + sugar.
Stir-fry until a little bit of water is left. Add peppers + mushrooms. Mix well.
Make a slurry from cornflour + water mixture. Pour over the top. Mix well. Then add spring onions, and stir-fry until it’s just cooked but still crisp.